Daikokuya’s Western Union international money transfer service is secure and at a low price! Weekends and holidays? OK!
The answers to some frequently asked questions can be found below. For more detailed information, please ask the Western Union Customer Service Center 0034-800-400-733 (domestic calls) or +61-2-9226-9554 (from overseas). (Japanese language times of availability: Monday to Sunday 10:00-19:00, English is available 24 hours a day)
What are Western Unions business partners?
Stores that provide cooperative handling of Western Union’s money transfer service. In countries outside of Japan, banks, post offices, supermarkets, grocery stores, check cashiers, mail box centers, drug stores, travel agencies, airports, train and bus stations, currency exchange offices and other small retailers are in cooperation.
How do I search for stores in cooperation with Western Union in Japan?
If you are searching for stores in cooperation with Western Union in Japan, please carry out a search on the internet on Western Union in Japan or call the Western Union Customer Service Center 0034-800-400-733 (from Japan) or +61-2-9226-9554 (from overseas). (Available Monday to Sunday 10:00-19:00, English is available 24 hours a day)
Who can use Western Union overseas money transfer service?
Regardless of nationality (Japanese, foreigner, domestic residents, overseas residents), if personal identification documents are presented, then anybody can use the swift and convenient Western Union money transfer service.
- Send to relatives and friends overseas
- Sudden expenses at a travel destination
- Money sent as a present
- Cannot be used by corporations, organizations, or customers under 18 years old.
- Minors can only receive transfers
- Provided that the purpose of transferring the money is deemed reasonable, the money transfer can be used.
How do I transfer money?
- Please head to your nearest Western Union partnered Daikokuya.
- Please fill in the necessary details in the money transfer column on the money transfer request form, and submit this to the kiosk<-stores window along with the personal identification documents.
- Please pay the money to be transferred plus the handling fee at the stores window.
- You will be given a copy of the money transfer request and a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
- The money transfer procedure is now complete.
- Please contact the recipient of the money transfer and provide them with the following necessary information: the sender’s name, the amount transferred, MTCN and the transferred money’s country of origin.
What should I bring with me when I go to transfer the money?
Please prepare your personal identification documents and the money you wish to transfer plus the handling fee in cash. According to Japanese law, there may be cases where additional documents are required.
What’s the maximum amount of money that can be transferred?
The amount that can be transferred varies depending on the country. The amount that can be transferred in Japan is limited to 1,000,000 JPY at any one time. For such an amount, depending on the destination country, there may be cases where it is necessary to present additional information or documents.
When can I use the international money transfer service?
Vary depending on the store. Days open and closed for business, also vary depending on the store, so please be warned.
I want to check that the money transferred has been received.
On the website, please click “Track a Transfer”. If you enter the sender’s name and Money Transfer Control Number, you can get up to date information on the status of the request.
Track a Transfer can be found here.
For auction transactions, do you have an escrow guarantee service?
No, we do not provide a guarantee service. In order to protect yourself, we warn that you must never be made to transfer money to complete strangers. If you think that you are the victim of fraud, you should quickly seek information from the Western Union Customer Service Center on 0034-800-400-733 (domestic calls in Japan) or +61-2-9226-9554 (from overseas). (Times of availability: Japanese is Monday to Sunday 10:00-19:00: English is available 24 hours a day).
How do I receive the money?
Please head to your nearest Western Union partner store. Please fill in the relevant details in the recipient column of the money transfer request form and submit this along with your personal identification at the stores window. You will be given the money in cash plus your receipt.
To receive the transferred money, what should I bring with me?
Please prepare the following:
- The identity of the sender (gender, name including middle name)
- The transferred money’s country of origin
- The amount of money transferred.
- Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- Photographic ID.
If I’m not sure whether I can receive the money or not, how can I find out?
On the Western Union website, please click on “Track a Transfer”. If you enter the sender’s name and the Money Transfer Control Number, you can get up to date information on the status of the request.
Track a Transfer can be found here.
How can the money to be transferred be paid to Western Union?
If the money is to be received in Japan, it is paid in cash at the stores window of cooperating stores.